Friday, August 1, 2014

Bunches of Bird Tags


I've been carving a lot of bird stamps lately.


And before I send them off to their new home (mainly loved ones) I usually stamp myself a stack of tags. 


Tags are an absolute lifesaver for last minute gift giving, note writing etc. 

Your neighbors dog got out again, writing a quick note about closing their damn gate seems positively friendly on a tag while maybe a bit less so on a post-it.



Giving jam, flowers, a little gift... the tag really makes it special. 

Plus the manilla has a nice weight to it, I often fussy-cut out the images and add them to art journal pages. 

Here's another hand-carved bird, this one is for my mom-in-law:


I stamped oodles before dropping it in the mail.


I really like how the carving stands alone as a powerful, attractive image. 




Let me know how you like to use tags and I'll pick a comment or two and drop some in the mail as a gift. 



7 comments:

Felicia said...

Nicole I love, love those bird tags! I have yet to try to carve my own stamps, but I love yours especially when birds seem to be all the rage right now! I also do tags for gifts as well, but mostly how I do my tags are as bookmarks with sentiments or poems for gifts (teachers, family, etc..) You are right,quick and easy and special cause it's handmade! Thanks for sharing!!

Bonnie Irvine said...

Nicole, your tags are wonderful and your carvings delightful. I love how crisp and detailed they are. Sweet little birds would cheer anyone's day! I think you could list some of the bird stamps in your Etsy shop, too...hint hint :)

Michelle said...

They are a great way to make used clothing seem special and even newish when reselling. :-) Love your adorable tags.

SmilynStef said...

These are fantastic ... I'd use them to leave little notes for co-workers

Gill said...

I love your birds Nicole - are you going to list any in your shop??
I like to add tags to homemade gifts such as jams

Corrie Herriman said...

Love your bird stamp, great carving !
Corrie x

Squirrel66 said...

Your bird stamps are gorgeous.
I use tags frequently - for mop-ups,to go with gifts, to add to journaling pages & as bookmarks. I make a sort of mini-book with pockets & stamp pictures or quotes on little tags to go in the pockets.