Thursday, June 12, 2014

Bald Face: Art Journal Page


Meet the latest, and by far the most androgynous, addition to my art journal. 
At home I refer to this as my palace eunuch - been reading a little too much Game of Thrones. LOL.

Aside: still have not watched any of the HBO series. I've read the book and they do nasty, horrible things that I never, ever, ever want to see. I already need mind-bleach due to some of the ickier bits so I've refrained from watching it in HD.  Whenever someone tells me they've read it I always think their a bit of a perv. Having read it myself…    I know! 

Anyhow, before I offend, back to crafting.

Meet Bald Face. 


In Pam Carriker's Art Journal Live workshop, Pam mixes acrylics with tons of water making a soft, pleasant watercolor-like wash. I've never done that before so my end result ended up being very acrylic and not light like the example. 

If you want to see some of the other work from the class, Julie Balzer posted some on her blog. You can really tell which one is hers, which is Dina's, which is Traci's. Their style comes through so clearly. 


It's going to take a lot of practice to approach a project like this with any sort of competence but I'm looking forward to figuring out the lines and planes of the face - if only so I can mess with them egregiously later :-)


My kids art journaled with me and made some terrific pages. Here is T.'s:


And this one is B.'s



Thanks for visiting. 

Note: Found this in my drafts folder from January, never posted. Sorry!

No comments: