Thursday, November 14, 2013

Altered Spoons


Way back on November 29, 2011 the kids and I decided to kick off the year's Christmas crafts with altering some spoons. 



(I can't get over how little Brayden was! Twelve is a lot younger than nearly fifteen!)


So we made all these beauties


We got a good start on it and then I set them aside. 

Then we got distracted making spool garland and forgot about the spoons.


I put them away with our Christmas ornaments and the next year pulled them out, intending to make use of them but we'd just lost Chris's Dad and Christmas wasn't very crafty.

Come New Year, instead of putting them away, I decided they weren't really Christmas specific and I mixed them in with my craft supplies. And ignored them. Then, late this summer I moved them onto my desk so they'd be in the way and I'd work on them.

Well folks, work on them I did. 

Altered spoons are almost as fun as altered playing cards. You can use up all your bits and pieces and make something marvelous! I think I have a new obsession.

This one has wings made with a Gelli printed Manilla tag.


For this spoon I used a hand made paper bead rolled from one of my collage prints. The wings are Gelli printed card stock.

Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

noora said...

Awww!!!! I love these spoons! Gorgeous!

Mitralee said...

These are fabulous! Just lovely!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work. What did you use to paint the spoons?

Unknown said...

Did you use food coloring