Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Risk to Blossom Collage: Bulk Backgrounds Applied



And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. 

I think we've all been there and it's an exciting, terrifying time. 

This collage is meant to encourage those of us who find ourselves on the cusp of a new thing; be it a stage of life, a new job or an adventure.

May we all chose to leave the relative protection of the bud and blossom.


Did you try making the easy mixed-media backgrounds from the tutorial I posted last week? Today I wanted to show you what you can do with them.

Remember this card?


It was okay, but it was my least favorite of the bunch.

So I punched hearts from it making an abundance of interesting, layered, collaged flowers for her garden.



For the sun, I cut yellow paper, applied it with Mod Podge and when it was dry I colored it with yellow calligraphy ink, a little stamping and outlined the edges.


All the flowers that are not heart shaped were rub-ons that I applied jewels to the center and drew on stems with a pitt pen.


I first saw this quote on Alisa Burke's blog and had to use it immediately in my art. 


*SOLD*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am currently reading the book Penniless in America. It's about a newspaper reporter travels across the country relying on the kindness of strangers. In the beginning he explains why he did it. The quote on your blog is why...he needed to blossom. If you are a reader and haven't read the book, I highly recommend it. It's a page turner.

Carmen said...

I love the quote. Thanks for all the background tips too :) Another fabulous creation.