Saturday, June 30, 2012

Let Whatever You Do Today Be Enough: Collage


This is one of those quotes I want to have hanging in every room of my house.
'Enough' is a hard thing to accept. For me, as a person dealing with a chronic health situation that is worsening rapidly, I can on occasion look at what I've accomplished in a day and feel less than. I don't think other people see it that way - not at all - but everyone is so busy and days are so full. Sometimes things don't get done. 


Imagine how much happier we'd all be if we could accept the rhythm of things and 
let whatever we do today be enough
Wow.


I made this on a hot day while thinking of the blissful shade and cool a large old tree can offer. Almost magically, a tree grew up beside this lady and granted her a respite from the heat.


May you too find cooling shelter from whatever 'heat' is in your life.


Mixed media collage on MDF board. Ready for hanging ( I use Command picture hanging strips and I'll send you one if you ask). It measures roughly 12x6.5 and has been sealed with varnish. Shipping is included in the price. International add $5.00

And for each piece, I'm offering 25% off the first three days. So in this case, it'll be on sale until Tuesday (7/3/12) at noon. 

SOLD
Regular Price: $70

DEBUT PRICE: $50.00

Contact me at nicolemaki at me dot com and I'll send you an invoice. 

You can find my pieces that are available to purchase just below my blog header. The tab is called " SHOP" 



5 comments:

SmilynStef said...

So so happy she's coming to live with me ... ♥ her.

Jane Wetzel said...

Nicole...she is fabulous :)

CuddlyBunny said...

What a lovely sentiment! Your beautiful creation is a perfect centerpiece for the words!

Kathi said...

Amazing piece of art to illustrate that powerful statement.

Gez Butterworth said...

WOW! Your girls are all AMAZING ♥♥