Monday, October 10, 2011

Love Birds: Art Journal Page


I love art journalling and I spend a lot of stolen moments adding paper and backgrounds to my journal so it's ready to go when I have a little spare time.

This page though... wow... I somehow thought it would be a good idea to Mod Podge down pattern paper and then paint the whole thing red. Not artful scrapes and smudges, not stenciling... ALL RED!

It was a horror. So I'd just flip past it and pretend it wasn't a giant hive in my book.

This morning I decided to tackle it one way or another and it is no longer the artistic equivalent of a rash.

(click to see it full sized, please)

The birds are my DH and I 


and the music is our boys. 


Yeah, I'm mushy like that :)


The birds and tissue tape "wings" on the heart were inspired by the current "Things with Wings" challenge at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Blog.

8 comments:

All of my Todays said...

Wow I love it and I love mushy even if I don't do it all that often with living in an all male household like yourself.

Unknown said...

I just can't see what could have been so aweful. It looks amazing. Next time take photos of what you think is aweful. lol Sometimes, it not bad, it's just not done.;)

Mitralee said...

this is lovely and made me smile...I was having a not so much fun night and this made me happy!

Latasha said...

Nicole just wanted to show some bloggy love and let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award, here is the link to the post on my site for the details http://storybookscience.com/2011/10/the-versatile-blogger-award/

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous journaling and I love your inky background. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Michelle Hernandez said...

Wow! WOOOW! I just started incorporating these elements into my pages- it really requires a great eye for design and patience- the few "pieces" I'm created so far are a lot more on the punky/junky side than this ethereal and beautifully layered page. Gorgeous colors! I'm strange- the idea of an all red page really excites my bright color loving brain. :)

Nina said...

Very nice, Nicole! You are always just so amazing. Believe me, if you hadn't said you hated all the red, I would have thought you pre-planned this page. Gorgeous.

Terry said...

Thank you for joining the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show with your fabulous Wings project wow love the images that you have used and the fabulous background colors wow.... Hugs Terry xxx