Wednesday, March 9, 2011

She Art Project One

If you look over to the left you'll see a button for the AMAZING She Art workshop I'm taking from the incredible Christy Tomlinson. The woman is worthy of any and all complimentary adjectives you can throw at her. I'm in awe and learning so much from each video.


This is my first project, I had a specific dear friend in mind when I made this and I think it captures her very well. I hope she likes it.

I was a little... err... "me" with my backgrounds and I was really worried about how these gorgeous, sweet-natured girls would integrate into my graffiti laden environments.




But they've done fine. Isn't life just like that sometimes, you worry you're not going to fit in and it all works out smashingly.

Here's some detail shots, as always, click on the picture to see a larger view:






P.S. I wonder if my friend will recognize herself.

Supplies:
Gauche Alchemy papers and punchinella
Paper: Echo Park
Rub-Ons: Kaiser Craft and Jenni Bowlin
Stamps: Unity, Prima, Stampabilities
Paint and Modeling Paste: Liquitex, Golden and Dick Blick
Absolutely drenched in Mod Podge

6 comments:

Tamarra said...

these are gorgeous.. absolutely stunning!

Lisa - papergrace said...

HOLY COW!! This is gorgeous!! Drop-dead amazing!! WOW!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love it, Nicole. I hope it really "speaks" to your friend who inspired it.

Now I'm going to click on the button to learn more about the wonderful course you are taking. TFS.

Cheryl Valadez said...

Hi Nicole! How are you doing? What a great project! Love the colors and you always have a knack with backgrounds. That graffiti look is so cool and very organic. The whole thing comes together wonderfully ;D Hugz from NM ~ Cheryl

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

ooohhhh I love it all! You are so talented. I love how you are able to always bring things together.

Carmen said...

Do you know what - I looked at this course and then thought no, no, no not another class. Nope - nuh uh! Now you have me desperate to do it again!

ALL your girls are gorgeous Nicole. If ever you had time to do a custom one give me a shout?