Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sketchy Thursdays

When I saw this sketch at Sketchy Thursdays I immediately thought I am not near clever enough to swing it. It just looked so darn hard. Like a really intricate quilt block... Dresden Plate perhaps.


Then the part of my that gets my back up at the very thought of, "too hard" decided I had to drop everything and give it a try. No surprises there.

Since I was still basking in the glow of a truly awesome visit with Tiffany and family I decided to take my very imperfect photos (it's been SO DARK here) of their stay and make a LO.

The rules were:

1. Be based on the sketch above (done!)
2. Include at least 5 pictures (got it!)
3. Include a bit of sparkle (red sparklies!)

(click to see it full size)

Again, sorry for the dark and angled picture. It's the best I could swing with no sun and heavy winds. Oy! How much fun is the new Circa 1934 paper from Cosmo Cricket

Here's a few close-ups:




Thanks for popping by :-)

Don't forget to pop by Tiff's blog, you could win some of my wrinkle ribbon, a $100 GC to Two Peas and a lot more from the different guest bloggers.

7 comments:

Barbara Ferguson said...

Nicole that is fantastic!! Love your layout!

And that CC paper is so stinkin' hard to come by. Every place I go they are out. :-(

Carmen said...

Love how you've done this. Really love the stitching. I doubt very much there is anything you couldn't do if you put yuor mind to it Nicole ;)

Rebecca Geile said...

You rocked this. That big circle of photos ran me off. Love how you pulled this together.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the embellies and those photo's! Great take on the sketch!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

BEAUTIFUL!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEE the photos and the colors!!! Thanks soooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Keshet said...

Gorgeous design, this is such a fun take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout! Love the papers you chose!