Saturday, August 8, 2009

Simple Lay Out and a Trick

I really enjoyed doing a simple LO to drop into my album. All the scrapping I've done the last few months has been for guest design team spots which is a tremendous honor but can be stressful. It was nice to make something that wouldn't be judged, evaluated, submitted or even my best work. Just paper, adhesive, memories and an interest in recording them.


See the title? It's not really orange. What? I only had pale peach Thickers left so I covered the color with a deep yellow to take down the pastel-y-ness of the shade and then edged them in red making sure to pounce a bit over the yellow. I think they do a passable job standing in for a deep orange. To add interest I used my paint pen to make dots. The paint and ink sunk into the fabric top of the letters and it blended very well. I'll be adding coloring my Thickers to the tricks up my sleeve.

It's day three of our official budget and we've run out of flour, pasta, tomato sauce, coffee and the tires on our Explorer need to be replaced ASAP. This is sort of funny as I bulk buy those staples (like 50lbs of flour at a time) so running out is a fairly rare occurrence. Fortunately, I know exactly how much money we have for each category so I can test this whole plan under a non-stressful "crisis" and it'll show the holes in the system.

The pain clinic is sorting my details out and I'll be meeting with them for my five hour appointment sometime next week. Thanks for the prayers.

You still have two more days to enter my RAK drawing: Leave a joke (of any sort) in the comments for an entry and follow my blog for a second entry. You can read more about it here.

Hello Willows, hope your having fun hopping :-)

9 comments:

lisaplus6 said...

don't be shy about posting this! it is beautiful!!! isn't it nice to just create something for you!!

Laura said...

I know what you mean! I just finished making layout and cards for GD and publication and I was so stressed about them being good enough. Now I am scrapping just for myself again and ah, what fun!

LisaNRoxy said...

Love this layout - the texture is great. You're right - it's not pretty - but it sure is cool!! It's more masculine and you nailed that look too!

Angie said...

This is a really cool LO! Glad you posted it :-)

Heather said...

LOVE your work!

The boys were eating popsicles and here is the joke that was on the stick

What did the square say to the old circle?

Been Around Long?

Steve & Joyce Rodli said...

What animal hates doing the laundry? H-happies. Joyce

Anonymous said...

You are amazingly positive through all these life changing events...a true inspiration and life lesson for perseverance and strength and courage and motherhood...AND AND... I'm so lucky to know you :)

Heather said...

I think the LO is great! And great job on coloring the thickers.

CathyR said...

Awesome layout. I love the way the thickers turned out. The round pictures and metal accents are great.