Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2 New Cards, Healthy, Wealthy & Wise

Good Morning!

Here's my last card with the My Little Shoebox paper. I really like using something until it's all gone and then moving on, but I'm sure it can get dull for you ladies. This is CAD #7, I also used it for a "mom's birthday using pink and flowers" challenge at Scrapbooking and Crafting Friends. My mom is a "more is better" kind of person so I really piled on the love. But, I'm also an obnoxious child so I gave in to my dark side and put HB2U which will send her into fits of irritation. LOL. I'm not perfect yet.


And here is CAD#9 which is made with Basic Grey Ambrosia:


Doing a Card A Day challenge with sketches is tricky. Usually when I do any "a day" challenges I have the freedom to make whatever I want. This is a neat exercise as I have to really work hard to wrap my head around some of them.

Among a lot of crafters I know, mixing paper companies and patterns is the holy grail of papercrafting. I love mixing manufacturers but sometimes, when thinking is harder or time is short, grabbing a bunch of paper that was designed to work together is just the thing. Don't let imagined "good, better, best" standards hold you back from making something on days when complicating the issue will make it impossible.

Healthy: I have the flu. And I sort of want to roll over and moan. Blecht. But on the happy-happy side of life I got my pain clinic appt. for next Wednesday. The hard part of pain clinics is getting accepted into the program so this is a huge step forward.

Wealthy: We've been doing the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover for 2.5 weeks and following a budget for six days. We haven't used our credit card since the 24th! We've "found" $700 (selling stuff, getting overcharges fixed, reimbursements etc.) and cut more than $400 from our monthly bills. Our gas consumption has gone down by half. Right now, thanks to the "found money" and cuts we are able to put 57% of our income onto our car payment. Isn't that cool? We should have that paid in no time. I wonder if Visa is worried that we died *giggle*

Wise: I've been reading a lot. Some light, some how-to books, nothing too heavy. I've also been setting goals for myself. I think I might start an art journal to record them and the steps I want to take to make them happen. To quote Alice in Wonderland, If you don't know where you're going, you'll end up somewhere else.

Please leave a comment telling me your healthy, wealthy and wise list.

P.S. If I owe you an email please forgive me. Between having the flu and migraines it's been a bad week and possibly the worst one for my back ever. With the meds and the yucks I'm a little behind.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you have the flu! Big hugs to you! I love reading your posts like this! And your cards are little beauties!

Kerry said...

Your cards are gorgeous.

Healthy wealthy and wise I don't think I can get my head around at the moment lol.

Stephanie J said...

BIG hugs to you - to feel better, and in congrats for your 'found' money! Good luck with the pain clinic - hopefully it helps as much as it should! Oh, and awesome cards - love the 'hb2u' thing; sounds like something I would do to my own mother! :D

Shawnna Samples said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling ill my friend. :( Hope you feel better swiftly.

Great news about the pain clinic.

healthy: I haven't had to go to the doctor in almost three months ...which is awesome
wealthy: looking for a job to help with this one (isn't the Dave Ramsey Program AWESOME!!!)
Wise: I go back to college in a week and a half :) gotta get my smart on ;) LOL

Unknown said...

Hi Nicole-Sorry you are under the weather! I'm happy that you are able to get into the pain clinic but understand what a big step this must be for you. Feel better.

I can't fully comment on healthy, wealthy and wise today. You see I swore I would stop spending once convention was over..buttt I took the advice of a bloggin buddy and bought a Cuttlebug and a bunch of stuff to go with it. She assured me that it will be pure heaven.If you see Enabler would you thank her for me?
Marie
P.S. Do I get any Wealthy and/or Wise credit for getting all the Cuttlebug loot for 40%off?

Sassy Pam said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Nicole. Great cards. :O)

Unknown said...

I LOVE your mum's card!
must find out more about Dave ramsey.
Thanks for your kind comments at Gauche Alchemy too.

Barbara Ferguson said...

LOVE your cards!! And equally lovin' that CAD challenge. =)

Healthy: watch what goes in my mouth!
Wealthy: on track to get another cc paid off while getting almost $300 in monthly medical bills PAID OFF this morning!!
Wise: continue on the Dave Ramsey diet for our finances. =)

Our light is starting to shine even brighter!!

Claudette said...

Always delightful to visit your blog, home for two days and on the road again tomorrow. I love all your recent post and those stools you did are just awesome.
Keeping you in prayer still....

take a little piece of my art said...

Love that HB2U card!! Funny...I'd love to do the same thing to my mom. She'd sit there for hours trying to figure out what it meant!!!!