Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Simple Tip

I use 12x12 paper for card making. It is only a little bit more expensive than 8.5 x 11 but with it you can get much, much more. Here's how:

1. Cut your 12x12 paper at 8.5 inches and then cut one inch off the long side to make an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper.


2. Use a border punch to make a fancy border strip with the small piece and cut the 8.5x 11 sheet in half to make two 8.5 x 5.5 pieces.


3. Fold your two 8.5x5.5 pieces into A2 sized cards


4. Use your 3.5 x 12 piece as a perfectly sized mat on your card fronts. I keep a bag of these border strips and matting pieces handy so I can mix and match.




I've been updating my Etsy shop again as my card box is overflowing. Click on anything below to see my shop :-)

Etsy: Your place to buy & sell all things handmade
PerkyNihilist.etsy.com


1 comment:

CathyR said...

Awesome idea. Nicole. I'm going to start doing this when I make cards.