Saturday, March 14, 2009

New Orleans Lay Out

I've been trying to get Chris to pick out the most important photos from his trip to NOLA so I could scrap them but you know how guys are *grin* I decided I'd use the ones he told me the most about and that as a group told the story visually of his experience there. Here is what I did:


You can see a larger view here

Another way to tell a story in scrapbooking is to place your pictures in such a way that the readers eye moves from the beginning of the story through to the end. This story shows New Orleans in all it's glory and then death comes to that beautiful region. You see houses marked with spray paint showing how many people and pets were found. Then you see a sculpture (blue poles) representing the water level at different times and finally the new homes being built by Global Green (the Brad Pitt charity). I left space for Chris to write his thoughts too.

Have a great weekend!

P.S. Look what I did:

3 comments:

itsallrosi said...

you look fabulous!!!

Kat said...

Love it Nicole! Looks great on you :D

Anonymous said...

i didn't recognize you at WTers w/ your new look!!!! wow!!! luv' it! I wish I had the balls!

-- dalis

PS. I sometimes do streaks of pink, but they stain my sheets, are yours coming off like that too?